Answer by Noumaan Yaqoob:
There is an official Facebook plugin () in the WordPress repository. There are a few reasons which make it a much better choice:
1. Facebook itself is one of the contributors of the plugins in coordination with Automattic the company behindm. Other contributors to the plugin is an impressive list of developers, including .
2. It is regularly maintained, tested, and used by thousands of websites. So if there is a bug or something it quickly gets fixed.
3. It is easy to use and integrate into any WordPress powered website.
My second choice would be Simple Facebook Connect ().
1. Simple Facebook Connect is very easy to use and is written bywho is one of the core contributors of WordPress. This means that the plugin follows the coding practices of WordPress.
2. It is very well documented, and the plugin author himself is very active on WordPress forums. Most questions related to the plugin get resolved quickly.
The answer also depends on which features you need for your website. For example, if you just need a like a button along with other social networking buttons such as twitter and google+ then you probably don't need either of above mentioned plugins, you should then use a plugin like Digg Digg.
You can also obtain code for Facebook social plugins and implement them into your website.this way you can only get the plugin you need.